iRecordMusic makes it easy to record audio from web pages and Internet radio streams.
- Record Internet audio as MP3, AAC (bookmarkable), Apple Lossless and AIFF. All recordings are iPod compatible.
- Real-Time encoding to AAC, Ogg Vorbis, Lame MP3* and FLAC
- Stream audio wirelessly via an Airport Express
- Schedule recordings with iCal
- iTunes playlist and tagging support.
- Make multiple recordings at the same time
- AppleScript support
- Support for audio content broadcast in:
- RealAudio / RealVideo
- QuickTime media
- MP3, M3U, EXTM3U streaming net radio
- Midi web sound
Audio Recording Formats
iRecordMusic can record audio in a variety of formats, suitable for playback on an iPod and other devices. For iPod compatible recordings, save as AIFF (this is uncompressed audio which takes up a lot of disk space, but useful for sound editing purposes), Apple Lossless, MP3 or MP4 (AAC). For other devices or operating systems such as Linux, both Ogg Vorbis and FLAC are supported.
LAME is a freely available MP3 encoder. Many consider it to be the best there is, producing higher quality results than the MP3 encoder found in iTunes. Get hold of LAME, and iRecordMusic will use it for high quality MP3 encoding.
*Due to legal restrictions, we are unable to include a copy of LAME with iRecordMusic.
A calendar called iRecordMusic contains your recording schedule for your favourite shows. The events in the calendar represent recording sessions. You can create such an event by using iRecordMusic, or creating the event by hand.